The Carnegie Library of Albany, GA is located at 215 North Jackson Street next to the Albany Municipal Auditorium. This Carnegie Library, named for its benefactor Andrew Carnegie, was built in 1906. It served as Albany’s main library until 1966.
The newly renovated Carnegie Library became the administrative offices of the Albany Area Arts Council in 1992. In 1993, the Carnegie Library was presented the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Award for Outstanding Adaptive-Use Rehabilitation. The Carnegie Library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Under care of the Albany Area Arts Council, the Carnegie Library serves as an arts welcome center, a meeting facility for arts & entertainment organizations, and an excellent site for receptions and meetings. The building can be rented for private functions. Call, email, or download a rental contract.